Pages

Thursday 7 August 2014

Avocado & Cacao Mousse


This vegan chocolate mousse its unbelievable. It took me a good while to convince myself that what I was eating was actually packed full of goodness and super healthy. Its so rich and creamy its hard to believe its main ingredient is a vegetable!! 
I ate it as a post workout snack, but it would also work really well as an indulgent breakfast or an after dinner treat. 


1 Avocado
1/2 Banana
2 tbsp Maple Syrup 
1 tbsp Cinnamon
1 tbsp Ginger

Its as simple as popping everything into a food processor and whizzing it altogether until its completely smooth. Pop it into the fridge and leave for about an hour - its best served cold. The next part is the best bit - the toppings!! Its completely up to you what you jazz your mousse up with. In this instance I added chopped pecans and pumpkin seeds. 
Almost any nut/berry/seed will go perfectly.


No comments:

Post a Comment